Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hi, my name is Mimi......


Hi, my name is Mimi and I am a Vintage Lace Addict.

Yep.  And I don't want to stop, either.  
Rehab would do me no good.  ;)

Discovered this lovely piece (in my size!) yesterday at the thrift store.
It never ceases to amaze me the sorts of things people will part with.
I intend to pass from this world buried under a pile of fragile, yellowed, beautiful lace.
You will need to pry it from my cold, dead, vintage lace-mitted hands.

But in the meantime, I intend to wear it!

All of it!

As much and as often as possible!

Thankfully, because of my lifestyle and the nature of my work, I have (and create!)
many. many opportunities to wear my treasures!
Though I will have to wait until the winter passes to give this baby an airing I'm happy to know she'll be waiting to be shown off to the world once again!

And I intend to do her proud!

Now the search is on to find the perfect Victorian rose fabric to create a bustle to match the accessories!

Ain't vintage life grand?
:)

(boots non-vintage/hand sewn chapeau by Hatty Bunratty (which is me!)

Have a lovely day my kindred vintage hunters!
And may you find beautiful things to love!
xoxo









No comments: