Saturday, February 18, 2012

MAG 103



a grave at the Novodevichy Cemetery, Moscow
prompt for The Mag

You should not now suppose to settle precious jewels
against my wrists when all I ever wanted was to hold wild violets from your hands. 
*******

*While I don't always write or comment I do manage to read The Mag offerings every week.
This pic has nagged at me since I saw it and, though late as the White Rabbit thought he was, I felt compelled to make an offering.  Words are like that. 
 They just never will keep silent, will they?  ~MF

I LOVE PLAYING and WRITING AT THE MAG.........
EVEN WHEN I AM HOPELESSLY LATE ABOUT IT...........
xo

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Beautiful! :-)

Jinksy said...

What a great sense of loss and longing you manage to contain in those few words - never mind the lateness! :)

Merlyn Mischief said...

I loved this pic too and it needed words as well from my heart. I liked your post on it. Leo Buscalgia (whom I adore) once said that a man asked him a question. He asked:"My wife just died and I have to pick a dress for her burial in the casket. She always wanted a red dress...but i told her that a red dress was garish and not for her, so she never owned one. Do you think it would be alright if I got her a red dress for her burial?"

And Leo Buscaliga said: "Stupido! You should've gotten her, her red dress when she was alive to love it and you, you idiot."

Indeed. Your post reminded me of this.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...i would take wild violets any day myself as well...love this one...

Maggie said...

As they say, well worth the wait. So touching.

Laurie Kolp said...

Very thought-provoking, strong piece... I love it!

Cathy Feaster said...

So much said and felt here...love it.
Oh, and thanks for visiting my Mag offering :)

Lolamouse said...

Mimi,
I love this! It's perfect for the prompt, and I really like the voice you wrote it in!

Maude Lynn said...

That is well worth the wait!